Silicolian Soft RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server's New Map Suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Server's New Map Suggestion Empty Server's New Map Suggestion

Post  Bmrg_2 Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Due to just starting the server again, with a brand new map. I'd like to make a suggestion for good way to set up spawn. To allow the best first impression on new players when they join the server. (:
My suggestion would be to have a body of water with the spawn in the middle of it. Have nice island, maybe with the exact spawn spot being on a podium style thing. Then have small decorations at each corner of the island.
Then have a bridge leading from the spawn across the water to the spawn city. From the spawn spot looking onto the spawn city it would be far enough to have a great view of the city. It would be quiet impressive to have that amazing view for spawn, c:?
Thought i would suggest it before the map gets built on to much, Razz
Then there could also be special permission for certain players to make a large statue style thing in the water. Not to much to crowd it though (:
Just a thought! (:

*Edit*
Maybe something like this (Can't see the city due to where i'm at. Just the view of the spawn spot (Smile
http://minecraftmemories.tumblr.com/post/5365354927

Last edited by Bmrg_2 on Thu May 12, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Link xD)
Bmrg_2
Bmrg_2

http://MineCraftMemories.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Server's New Map Suggestion Empty Re: Server's New Map Suggestion

Post  Albinsson Thu May 12, 2011 12:14 pm

I think it sounds like an good idea, but we might have to ponder on other surrounding issues first. An example might be the size of the "lake", the size of the buildings around it, and the style of the buildings, as well as infrastructure.

Because last spawn city was confusing, had a lot of different building styles, as well as strange dimensions on statues and buildings.
It was charming in one sense, but when I think of role-playing a more uniform city style might be favoured.

Last edited by Albinsson on Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link works)
Albinsson
Albinsson

Back to top Go down

Post  Althaluz Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Albinsson wrote:I think it sounds like an good idea, but we might have to ponder on other surrounding issues first. An example might be the size of the "lake", the size of the buildings around it, and the style of the buildings, as well as infrastructure.

Because last spawn city was confusing, had a lot of different building styles, as well as strange dimensions on statues and buildings.
It was charming in one sense, but when I think of role-playing a more uniform city style might be favoured.

I agree.
Althaluz
Althaluz
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://silicolian.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Post  Bmrg_2 Sun May 15, 2011 3:33 am

Albinsson wrote:I think it sounds like an good idea, but we might have to ponder on other surrounding issues first. An example might be the size of the "lake", the size of the buildings around it, and the style of the buildings, as well as infrastructure.

Agreed,
For style I would like to get a snowy area and have mostly wooden buildings. Give it a Norse/Viking feel. c:
Size of lake should probably be on far setting you can see the edge just a bit when your standing in the middle.
Bmrg_2
Bmrg_2

http://MineCraftMemories.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Albinsson Sun May 15, 2011 10:29 am

Here are some constructive questions:

Should we have a tram system?
And what sort of light should be the main illumination in the streets and on the outside of the adjacent buildings?
Should we have a hight restriction on the buildings?
What should the streets be made of?
How can we mend the "snow isn't present at the spawn" issue?
Albinsson
Albinsson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum